Environmental, Health, Safety and Stewardship Policy
At 4THBIN, we believe that accountability and sustainability are fundamental to who we are and what we do. Adherence to federal, state, and local environmental, health, and safety regulations, and all requirements of the Basel Convention and industry standards are held in the highest regard.
Social, environmental, and economic impacts are considered when managing all business decisions, and in doing so, 4THBIN is committed to:
- Conducting business in a safe and environmentally sustainable manner that promotes health and safety of our employees, customers, community, and the environment, throughout all business activities.
- Meeting or exceeding applicable requirements set forth by legislation or industry standards to which we are endorsed, such as e-Stewards, R2:2013, ISO 1400I:2015, and OHSAS 1800 I :2007
- Preventing exports of hazardous electronic waste throughout our recycling chain, which violate international laws, treaties, and agreements
- Protecting and preventing release or misuse of customer data throughout our recycling chain
- Maintaining environmental stewardship by promoting waste minimization programs, managing electronics end-of-life cycles, and encouraging the reuse, recycle, dispose hierarchy
- Accountability for all materials and byproducts processed at our facility, from point of collection to final disposition
- Establishing clear and concise goals for environment, safety, and health management activities
- Continually improving policy and performance to meet environmental, health, and safety goals
- Prevention of all injuries, illnesses, and accidents affecting employees, contractors, neighbors, and visitors, including protections from exposure to toxins
- Protection of workers’ basic human rights and promotion of the United Nations’ 17 Sustainable Development Goals
- Adhering to the Social Accountability 8000 Standard and Basel Convention, by preserving the right of health and safety, freedom of association and collective bargaining, freedom of discrimination, right to fair disciplinary practices, working hours and remuneration, while prohibiting any form of child labor, prison labor, or forced and compulsory labor
- Promoting employee awareness of environment, health, and safety policies and goals, as well as providing adequate resources and training for employees to integrate environment, health, and safety considerations into their activities
- Facilitating communication with external, internal, and interested parties to address relevant issues of sustainability, stewardship, data security, and protection of basic human rights, as well as to share progress and establish additional goals
- Maintaining an environmental, health, and safety management system, ensuring that business activities do not cause harm to anyone, which is subjected to periodic audits to ensure continuous compliance and improvement
The prime responsibility for execution of this policy, and for management of the environmental, health and safety management system at 4THBIN, lies on Senior Management, which holds responsibility for ensuring a healthy, safe working environment for all employees, as well as to neighbors and visitors to our facility. Each employee is responsible for following workplace procedures and working safely and in compliance with regulations, laws, and 4THBIN requirements.
4THBIN has committed to the policy established above and will adhere to the principles described.