Drop-off Service for Electronics Recycling
An E-Waste Recycling Solution for NYC Residents
Did you know it’s illegal in New York to dispose of electronics with your regular trash or recycling? Because some electronics contain hazardous materials, including lead, mercury, arsenic, and cadmium, the New York State Environmental Conservation Law makes it illegal to dispose of electronics with your regular trash or recycling.
And unfortunately, due to COVID-19, NYC’s e-waste services have been impacted.
- E-waste appointment collection program being suspended
- Special Waste Sites closed through June 2021
- And SAFE disposal events canceled through June 2021
This creates a challenge for our NYC neighbors, and 4THBIN is committed to finding ways to support you during this time. 4THBIN has been part of the NYC community for over a decade, helping our customers ensure their e-recycling is handled responsibly and sustainably. Together we have been able to
- Recycle over 8 million pounds of electronics,
- Reduce over 12.5 million pounds of greenhouse gas emissions
- And eliminate over 250 thousand pounds of toxic metals and lead from our landfills
Although 4THBIN’s focus is supporting businesses with their e-recycling needs, we recognize that our residential neighbors also need a solution. To address this need, we are now offering two convenient ways to safely and properly recycle your unwanted electronics as well as provide secure data destruction for any data bearing devices.
For more information about these services and associated fees, please complete the inquiry form or contact us directly at 1-855-329-2531. One of our customer service experts will be happy to assist you regarding your e-waste needs.