Happy Earth Month 2023!
At 4THBIN, we celebrate our Earth all year long to honor our commitment to creating a sustainable environment
Happy Earth Month! Earth Month is not only a time to celebrate the Earth and all of its natural wonders, but it's also a great time to reflect on how we impact the environment. Earth Month takes place during April every year and serves as an opportunity to generate environmental awareness and create consciousness around the concerns facing our planet. This year’s theme, “Invest In Our Planet,” sits at the core of 4THBIN’s values and directly aligns with the mission we were founded on.
At 4THBIN, we celebrate our Earth all year long to honor our commitment to creating a sustainable environment. We pride ourselves on providing our clients with secure and sustainable e-recycling solutions. Earth Month is a fantastic time to think about ways to improve your sustainability, and prioritizing the secure recycling of your e-waste is one of the simplest ways to do so!
Despite e-waste being the fastest-growing component of the municipal waste stream in the United States, less than 20% of it is actually collected and recycled. This results in a significant issue, as the remaining 80% of e-waste is sent to landfills, where it will be buried and incinerated and left to pollute our air, land, and water. Full of toxic chemicals such as lead, mercury, cadmium, beryllium, thallium, and arsenic, e-waste is dangerous for the earth and all its inhabitants. While these elements have been linked to cancer and other severe health conditions when they are inhaled or ingested over time, they also have an impact on our planet's water supply. Metals such as lead and mercury can be absorbed by plants and animals in the soil, which means that when rainwater hits the ground, it could pick up these compounds. The consequences of improperly disposing of e-waste in landfills not only pose significant threats to current public health, but can also pollute ecosystems for generations to come.
According to the UN, 53.6 million metric tonnes of electronic waste were generated globally in 2019. Unfortunately, only 17.4% of that e-waste was recorded as being properly collected, treated, and recycled. Properly recycling e-waste is one of the most effective things you can do to reduce your environmental footprint. At 4THBIN, we have helped our clients securely recycle over 10 million pounds of e-waste, which has helped reduce over 14.5 million pounds of greenhouse gas emissions and eliminated over 298,000 pounds of toxic metals and lead from our landfills.
It's no secret that the Earth is facing some severe environmental challenges, and the way we handle our e-waste may be one of the most important things we can do to help solve them. 4THBIN offers a wide variety of e-recycling solutions that can help protect our planet throughout Earth Month and beyond. While tackling the growing issue of e-waste may seem overwhelming, 4THBIN is here to provide a seamless process and ensure things are done the right way - responsibly and sustainably. We are proud to help our clients invest in the planet and make a big impact with our secure and sustainable e-recycling solutions.
To learn more about how we can help you securely and sustainably dispose of e-waste, please contact us.